Let’s talk about romance…about Kauai. I have visited Kauai several times and love it every single time. Because of that, I knew I wanted to set one of my romantic books on that particular Hawaiian island.
My newest book from Decadent Publishing, SO NOT A WHITE KNIGHT, takes place in Kauai. I even used some of the setting details from the resort which I have stayed at previously. This novella is part of the 1 Night Stand Series.
The following are some places that I consider beautiful and romantic:
- Waimea Canyon Drive -Driving Highway 50 from Hanapepe to Waimea Canyon to scenic overlook. Turn right at mile marker #23 and drive to near mile marker #18. Vast panorama of the dagger-like green cliffs and deep gorges of the Kalalau Valley.
- Tunnels Beach – Go snorkeling in the clear, fish-filled water of the lagoon. View the splendid views of the island’s signature peak, Mount Makana.
- Waioli Hu’ia Church – A charming, green-shingled church established in 1912 in the picturesque hamlet of Hanalei on the North Shore. It is possible to marry or renew your vows in the church.
- Hanalei Pier – The pier has a panoramic view of the Hanalei Bay and the dramatic ridges of the Na Pali Coast. Located in the hamlet of Hanalei. Grab some take-out food to enjoy while enjoying the view.
- Na Pali Coast – Sail past it on a catamaran at sunset, with champagne.
- Limahuli Garden and Preserve – A natural botanical garden in a picturesque valley, backed by Mount Makana. Take a tour, or a self-guided tour, hand-in-hand, to see the terraced gardens with native plants.
- Lookout in Waimea Canyon State Park – Enjoy a spectacular view of Waimea Canyon, which is nicknamed the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” (The photo above is from my trip there.)
- Kilauea Point on the North Shore – See 31 acres of rolling green beauty from the tip of the point. Thousands of migratory seabirds, including albatross, rest and nest nearby. Take along a picnic basket and a pair of binoculars to enjoy the view.
- Eastern Shore (Coconut Coast) – The palm-tree studded shore is the best place to watch the sun rise. Enjoy an early morning run or walk with your special person.
- Lydgate Beach Park – A beautiful place on the east side of the island with two protected natural swimming pools, spectacular snorkeling, white sand, as well as calm pools for children.
- Hanapepe – A small historic town filled with art galleries of locally made art and locally crafted jewelry and housewares. The perfect place to spend a leisurely day strolling the galleries, listening to music, and eating at various small restaurants.
- Ho’opi’I Falls – Take a low-impact walk through a rainforest that leads to two waterfalls along the Kapa’a Stream.
Essie’s life as a chemical engineer isn’t exciting. Neither is her love life. Is it too much to ask for a “sexy beast” of a man to focus on her for one night?
Allowing his business to consume him, Trevon he makes the worst decision of his life. He lets the right woman go. With the help of Madame Evangeline’s matchmaking service, he may get a second chance to prove he is what Essie needs.