In connection with my guest post today at Ana Raine’s Dessert and Desire blog, I am sharing one of my favorite dessert recipes: Better Than Sex Cake. Yes, if you Google the title, you will find a number of such cakes. All good, I’m sure. But this one was in our family shared recipes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes
1 pkg. yellow cake mix (and ingredients per pkg.)
2 cans crushed pineapple
1 7 oz. frozen whipped topping (thawed)
1/2 c. sugar
1 3-5/8 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding (and ingredients per pkg.)
Nuts (chopped, optional)
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package. (2 layers from round cake pans)
- Five minutes before cake is done simmer pineapple and sugar until cake is done.
- Remove cake, poke holes with fork. Pour pineapple over cake.
- Completely cool.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package.
- Put pudding on bottom cake layer and let set 15-20 minutes.
- Add top layer.
- Spread thawed frozen topping on top and sides.
- Sprinkle with coconut and nuts.