I love this time of year: getting together with family and friends, giving gifts, and sharing our favorite things. One of the favorite things I like to share and have shared with me are recipes.
Today I’m sharing one of my low sugar cookie recipes that is a favorite with my husband, family, and friends.
LOW SUGAR OATMEAL COOKIES
1-1/2 cups butter, softened
1-1/3 cups white sugar/Splenda mix
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar/Splenda mix
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups whole wheat flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Servings: 3 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes + 1 hour