I love this time of year: getting together with family and friends, giving gifts, and sharing our favorite things. One of the favorite things I like to share and have shared with me are recipes.
Today I’m sharing one of my new cookie recipes that has already become a favorite with my husband, family, and friends.
GERMAN CHOCOLATE COOKIES
1 pkg (15 1/2 oz) German chocolate cake mix
1 t vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter chips (optional)
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cake mix with eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Add peanut butter chips (optional).
- Add nuts (optional).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then cool completely on wire racks.
Servings: 2 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes per sheet
Total Time: 30 minutes