I love this time of year: getting together with family and friends, giving gifts, and sharing our favorite things. One of the favorite things I like to share and have shared with me are recipes.
Today I’m sharing an old family dessert recipe that is a favorite for Christmas dinner.
CHRISTMAS DATE PUDDING
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 x boiling water
1 c sugar
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 c flour
1/2 c dates (chopped)
1/2 c nuts (chopped)
1 t vanilla
- Dissolve brown sugar in boiling water.
- Mix sugar, flour, and milk together.
- Add nuts, dates, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour dissolved water into mixture in 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Add other mixture, DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 30 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes