I love this time of year: getting together with family and friends, giving gifts, and sharing our favorite things. One of the favorite things I like to share and have shared with me are recipes.
Today I’m sharing one of my breakfast recipes that is a favorite with my family.
CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST CAEEROLE
1/2 c milk
1 lb sausage (pork, breakfast, vegetarian substitute)
1 c chopped onions
1 c chopped green peppers
1 c chopped mushrooms
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
2 8-oz cans crescent rolls
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs until foamy and add milk.
- In skillet, scramble eggs and set aside.
- In skillet, brown sausage. Add green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Cook a couple of minutes longer.
- Add cream cheese and cook until melted into the mixture.
- Add scrambled eggs and combine.
- In an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, line bottom with 1 can of crescent rolls. Press down and seal edges.
- Spread sausage/egg mixture on top.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Top all with remaining can of crescent rolls.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
*NOTE: Filling can be made ahead of time and stored in refrigerator until ready to bake casserole.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes