I love this time of year: getting together with family and friends, giving gifts, and sharing our favorite things. One of the favorite things I like to share and have shared with me are recipes.
Today I’m sharing one of my sweetest cookie recipes is a favorite with my family and friends.
BUTTERSCOTCH COCONUT HAYSTAC KS
2 (11 oz) bags of butterscotch morsels
3/4 c smooth peanut butter
2 t vegetable oil
1 T vanilla
2 (5 oz) cans chow mein noodles
1 c sweetened coconut
1 1/4 c peanuts (optional)
- In large bowl, combine chow mein noodles and coconut. Add peanuts if desired.
- Melt butterscotch morsels, peanut butter, vanilla, and oil over medium-heat in a saucepan. Stir constantly. Melt until mixture is smooth.
- Pour butterscotch mixture over noodles mixture. Stir until evenly coated. NOTE: This is hard to stir.
- Using two tablespoons, drop into small piles on wax paper (or parchment paper).
- Allow haystacks to firm up for approximately 3 hours.
- Store in an airtight container.
Servings: 4 dozen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: Cooling time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes